


This coming up Sunday Caden Jase McDaniel will be 2 months old. I can't believe it. He's growing up so fast it seems. He's very active as he's been from the beginning. The arms are pumping with his fist balled up and the legs are kicking most of the time. Just the way he was in my belly. Funny how his personality has remained the same from the start of his life. I'd like to study if it's the same with all babies.
Caden smiled at me for the first time when he was one month old. What a warmth in my heart I felt. Definitely the best gift I have received since becoming a mother. Now his smiles happen on a daily basis and for others. His Daddy loves to make him smile. I love to watch Jason act like a goof to get those little lips to part. I have included one smile I was able to catch on camera today. You have to move fast to get them.
Caden also has a new favorite toy. He loves his little jungle gym. It's u-shaped with toys hanging from it and Caden lays underneath. His eyes can follow you anywhere you go now. If you want to peak at him in the crib, he's probably going to catch you. So he lays under his gym while kicking and punching to make the toy animals move. So sweet to watch.
One other development; Drum roll please..............he slept through the night for the first time last night! Thank you, thank you. Caden has been a wonderful baby from the beginning. From birth, he only woke up once per night between 3 and 4am and then sleep until 7 or so. I know, I am very thankful. It did seem great last night though for him to sleep through. Although, this morning I realized, I did miss him because it seemed like ages since I had last held him. I gave him extra kisses this morning I can assure you.
For the last two weeks we have been super busy with UNC and Meredith starting classes back next week. It's been interesting incorporating a baby into this lifestyle, but God and his grace has sustained both Jason and I. I would much prefer my life now even with all the craziness than before our little man was born. Jason is amazing. This is his first year being director at UNC and he's juggling family, ministry and grad school just fine. I am inspired each day watching him flow in his talents.
So that's all for the McDaniel crew. Can't wait to have something more to report soon!
7 comments:
I'm so glad you all are doing wonderfully. I love Caden's beautiful smile. I think he looks like Jason but I can see some Heather in there too! He's so handsome!
Heather-
Love the new post... and love Caden's sweet little face. :)
What a handsome little thing he is!
What a beautiful smile. I'm glad you got a picture of it. We will be praying over your family in the coming months. I know you have a lot on your plates, but God has richly blessed you. ~Christy White
Hey guys,
I can't believe how our little man is growing. I will neeed to plan a road trip soon. Please tell him everyday how much I love him and kiss him everyday for me. Oh, I miss you guys too. His cousins Dillon and Drew miss him too. Caden you Aunt Annette Loves you buddy.... We do have some handsome McDaniel guys in the family. Always remember you guys make "My cup runneth over," I love you!!!!! Always Aunt Annette
So great !
I love your baby !:)
He is just so adorable ...
I'm really excited to see other pictures of him..
I will definitely pray for your family - Jason, you and your boy !
Love you so much
hey, heather -
the comment above is from me :)
I didn't know that it's gonna show "onan0207", which is my ID.
Love you so much
and miss you so much ..
If you visit my Cyworld "www.cyworld.com/onan" you can also see my pictures, nowadays !
It was such a joy seeing you all last week! You have one precious little boy and we are continuing to pray for you all! Love you!
Jenn & David Hare
Post a Comment