Background

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I've Never Had More Fun

The first time brother and sister meet. Daddy looks pretty thrilled too.
Their first kiss. Caden has been patiently waiting for this moment for 40 weeks.
Our home and our snow we returned to. What a beautiful sight.
Proud Papa bringing his little girl to her home.
As you can see, we're thrilled she's here. Alexa is in her room and in her crib for the very first time!
First bath. She's tired after all that crying.
More kisses.
He's in love.
Best big brother for sure!
Little, sweet Alexa Bree just hanging out on the couch.
He loves to hold her hand too.
More snow! It snowed in Durham this past weekend. Caden's favorite part was eating the snow and then saying, "good snow, good snow."
Some would say that following some other schedule than your own, cleaning up messes that aren't yours, sleep deprivation and changing poo poo after poo poo would be far too much to wish on any man. I say, I am having the time of my life! Being a Mom of one was great enough, but being the Mom of two, I can hardly contain myself. Yes, I'm tired and I think from time to time, is this possible? The answer is yes it's possible and it's not about me. It's about these two gifts that we've been given to steward over. What an incredible opportunity.
Alexa is doing fabulous. She sleeps well at night. Not through the night yet, but at least 3 to 4 hours for now. She eats well and she loves being held and kissed by most anyone. She's beautiful too. Caden loves his little sis. He kisses her at least a million times a day and then says assuringly, "I'm a good big brother." In which I respond, "yes you are. You're the best big brother." He's had no melt downs as of yet. He wakes up in the morning asking for Alexa and goes to bed at night wanting to kiss Alexa at least twice before going into his room.
Alexa will be three weeks old this Saturday AM at 3:19. We are having tons of fun! We've had lots of great family time and lots of sweet visitors. We love your visits and appreciate so much your love! Thanks everyone for celebrating our little girl with us.

10 comments:

Diana said...

Heather, she is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the pictures of her and Caden, they are too sweet!

Taylor said...

Heather, she is precious. Her and Caden look a lot alike. Looks like ya'll are definitely having fun as a family of 4!!!

Jony said...

Heather, she is beautiful! The pics of her and Caden are just so sweet. And guess what you had her on my bday! haha

Annette said...

She is precious and so is Caden. Love you.

Jenn & David said...

Sooo excited for all 4 of you! The pictures of Caden and Alexa just melt my heart. He is going to be the greatest big brother!! Can't wait to meet Alexa and hug your next!

Whitlee Letchworth said...

She looks just like Jason haha. I can't wait to see you guys... Love you

Tucker Family said...

awwwwww, the pictures make me miss y'all. Good thing I get to see ya tomorrow! :)

Joy Brock said...

Jason & Heather - Alexa is beautiful and Caden is as handsome as ever. I know he loves her so much! I'm so glad things are going good for you guys. Hope to see you soon! Take Care!

somuchtosaySteph said...

I am so glad I was at ENCM for Alexa's first debut! It was so great to see you and your beautiful family!

Casey Woodall said...

Those pictures are adorable.. Caden is such a great little brother already. Congratulations, she's beautiful.