Background

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"Snow Day"




Getting him warmed up to the idea that ice and coldness is good and fun sometimes...
Once the tongue hit he was a believer...
And then he did a little dance for more...
And then it became his beard.

Caden's new favorite thing is to try to make his Dad bald prematurely.
The two clowns cutting up as usual.  

It was so beautiful today in Durham, NC.  I hope you enjoyed your snow today too if you had some...
Jason and I beg for snow all year long and today our dream came true.  We went to bed believing for our gift to await us in the morning.  First thing when I got up this morning I put on my glasses and looked out the window and beauty covered the ground.  I love it.
Caden could take it or leave it.  He's not yet figured out how great snow is.  One day when it gets him out of school he will then realize the joyous occasion of snow.  
It snowed here until around 2ish.  So we waited to go outside until it finished.  We knew Caden would not enjoy the ice hitting him in the face.  We suited Caden up and he screamed the whole time (He has such a warm little suit he wears outside from time to time, but it's truly like a straight jacket on him.  It's getting better the bigger he gets.)  So off we go outside.  Jason and I are smiling and in awe of all we got.  Probably around 4 1/2 inches.  We sat Caden in the snow and he was not having it.  So then we just took pictures holding him.  
The one thing he does love about the snow...eating it!
Tonight we had a blast just spending time together.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey McDaniel crew,
Oh yeh at almost 50 I am loving the snow days. I got another snow day off today. Caden you are the sweetest little snow bunny I have ever seen. I wish you all could have been snowed in with us. Dillon and Drew would have showed you some moves an tricks to play on your old Aunt. We are going to build a snow man today before it melts. Love you all xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Cute!!! I just love the pictures! You're right-- when he realizes he gets to stay home when that white stuff falls from the sky, he'll truly love it!

Tucker Family said...

What a precious snow baby!

Jamie said...

You guys have the cutest little family!